There are many ways to “HELP YOUR LIBRARY.”
1. Memorials – An inspiring way to remember a loved one, friend, or associate is to place a book or books in the library in his or her memory. Items are selected based on the interests of the honoree. Audiovisual materials may also be requested.
2. Friends – Join the Friends of the library. The Friends of Millville Public Library help to purchase print and nonprint materials, equipment, and more that the library cannot afford from its operating budget.
3. Volunteer – There is always plenty to do in the library. No idle hands here. Donated time doing various duties or as a member of the Friends of Millville Library is always appreciated.
4. Sale donations – Books, DVD’s, and puzzles in good condition are accepted by The Friends of Millville Library for their book sales held four weekends of the year. These items can be delivered to the back door of the library during regular library hours. Please do not leave items on the steps.
5. Gifts – Mark a special occasion with a donation to the library in honor of a birthday, anniversary, or graduation.
6. Endowment – The library’s endowment fund helps to supplement the annual operating budget allowing the library to provide sufficient staffing, materials, and technology each year. Remember the library in your will and give a gift that will continue to give. Please leave your name and number at the desk and a board member will contact you.
7. Donations – Monetary gifts may be given at any time. Give online using PayPal or send donations to Millville Public Library
210 Buck Street
Millville, NJ 08332
8. The Library Wish List – The library has a list of items that it needs but cannot afford to purchase from its regular library funds. Patrons may donate funds to purchase one or more of these items.
9. Gently used items – The library can accept appropriate, gently used items such as legos, games, computers (still operating & with the recent operating system in them), and other treasures you are ready to give away. Please call before bringing these donations.
10. Supplies – There are a variety of supplies that the library can accept which will help ease our budgetary limitations.
Technology – computer paper i.e. white, light yellow/green/pink/blue;
Ink cartridges i.e.
Cleaning, etc. – tissues, paper towels, hand sanitizer, liquid hand soap, wipes, …
11. Feed the elephant – Feed the hungry elephant on the circulation desk. Penny likes pennies and nickels, but she loves dimes and quarters.
12. AmazonSmile – For certain products on Amazon that you purchase, the company will make a donation to a charity on their list. Millville Public Library Friends group is on the AmazonSmile list. Look for the AmazonSmile indicator when you shop online.